Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Sewing!

Last year for my birthday I asked for a sewing machine and my parents got me the Singer pictured below. This year for my birthday they got me sewing supplies. I have finally taken the machine out of the box and am ready to sew! In January I went to a sewing class with my friend Carrie and learned some basics. Last night I set up the machine and got ready to sew. I was able to successfully thread the bobbin and the needle and was very proud of myself. I also did a test run of different stitches and settings on the machine with scrap fabric. I am officially ready to sew! I will post again soon with my first project. I am going to make a pillow from a pattern that I got with the birthday loot. More to come...

The machine, in it's temporary set up. I am definitely going to need a bigger table!

2 comments:

stacey said...

yay robin!! i can't wait to see the pillow! and then the shower curtain?

Anonymous said...

We have a patch we need sewn on Kennedy's gee. I'm bringing it in March.

Kidding. Have fun with your sewing machine.