Monday, August 11, 2008

Fishing Tournament

Two weekeds ago Alex and I participated in the 6th annual Readin', Writin', and Reelin' Fishing Tournament in Port O'Connor. We fished with our friends Lauren and Chad from Houston. The tournament benefits my elementary school in Victoria, Nazareth Academy.
We ended up winning 1st place in the Sopt Pot by having a redfish with 11 spots. We also placed 5th in the combo stringer (5 trout and 2 reds) with a combined weight of 19.3 lbs. We had a really great time fishing and we made it all day with no illness! The last two fish we brought in were caught by Alex and me as we were racing to make the weigh in. There was much excitement!
My first catch, but out of order...Alex actually caught the first fish of the day, please see below. numero uno Fortunately, the next few were keepers.
Alex and I hooked up fish at the same time. It was really fun! We were racing to bring them in.
And here they are.

No comments: