Monday, August 4, 2008

Ruidoso

So we've taken a few trips this summer and have a lot of blogging to do to get started...

Going back a few months, we went to Ruidoso, New Mexico in March. My grandparents have a timeshare there and invited us to spend the week. Unfortunately, the snow was not very good, but we did get to try out snowboarding for the first time. Alex was much better than me. He picked it up quickly, while I had some trouble and fell too many times and got a little discouraged. Needless to say, we only made it there one day with the lack of snow and my severe soreness the next day. I think Alex would have liked to go one more day...

My grandpa Jimbo rode along one of the days when we drove to White Sands and through the Lincoln National Forest around Cloudcroft. The white sands were very cool, all you could see were white dunes for miles. We had a great time on Spring Break 2008!
Believe it or not we're not in Hallettsville, TX


Lots and lots of chainsaw carvings.


I took the pic above in a store in NM. Apparently Saturday Night Live's "Mom Jeans" skit below is real.



White Sands
This is Robin showing some of her best snowboarding moves.

Who's the homeless guy with Robin?

No comments: